A film made by and for women with learning disabilities.
Taking the fear out of going for breast screening.
This is a breast screening film for women with learning disabilities, showing clearly what happens during the process of having a mammogram. Whilst breast screening is always an individual choice, the film is intended to take the fear out of going for breast screening and encourage women with LD to come and have the test.
The film can be watched in full, or in short segments, showing different aspects of the screening journey.
- Do the test: Go for it (the whole film)
- Segment 1: Do the test: trailer
- Segment 2: Do the test: what do you call them?
- Segment 3: Do the test: Julia’s story
- Segment 4: Do the test: what is cancer?
- Segment 5: Do the test: what is a mammogram?
You can view the films and download from here: